Thursday, March 31, 2005

Pragmatic love anyone?...

Love is an emotion that lies. More often than not, when you are engulfed in a feeling so intense and fervent, you actually start to believe you are in love. And usually after it is over, you realised that they are nothing more than just lust, crush or plain infatuation.

Understanding that now, I know I will be able to go into another relationship a more equable person. Not very romantic I know, but it allows me to be at the helm of who I am. And I do very much prefer it that way. Call me hard-headed but I don't like to be held in a situation which I do not have the control over, and that includes this thing called "Love".

Yes, there is nothing like "Love" to have your serotonin levels raised, heart set aflutter and make you feel oh-so-sexy and loved. But then, there is nothing like it either, to bring the demons out of you. Jealousy. Possessiveness. Suspicion. Emotions which I abhor. Feelings which I loathe. Fiery passions equipped with lots of tantrums, tears and screams are not exactly my cup of tea, so pardon me if I rather pursue a path that is a little less upheaval and traumatic.

So, a more pragmatic love anyone? Yes, please...


No comments: