Sunday, September 19, 2004

Tears, I refused...

"6.46AM" the time on my laptop showed. Woken up by a nightmare, I felt too perturbed to go back to dreamland, especially when it was having fun tormenting me just awhile ago.

All I want to do is to be happy. I put my troubles aside and tried my best to get on with my life. I don't want to spend my time languishing for something I could never have. I'm dealing with it very well I must say, except when nightmares dropped in on me during those quiet nights that is.

Maybe it's my Hyde who was beleaguering me. Maybe it's my guilt and conscience which had descried me. My nightmares plagued me about the wrong choices I had made. My nightmares revealed the consequences which I dreaded. My nightmares betrayed the pain that I'm feeling. My consciousness and sub-consciousness ganging up on me, tearing my wound apart, in all full bloody gory for me to see.

They all danced around me, taunting me, trying to make me cry the tears I refused to shed. And I still refuse to. I refuse to breakdown and cry, and show the pain that I bear.

I refuse to, because I'm stronger than they think.


No comments: